GET READY FOR THE BIGGEST EVENT IN BASS FISHING
The Bassmaster Classic will be celebrating 50 years when competitive bass fishing's marquee event kicks off on March 6 on Lake Guntersville. As always, Power-Pole Total Boat Control will be a big part of the festivities in Alabama from opening launch to the final weigh-in.
To get you charged up for this year’s event, here is a look at the 2020 Classic by the numbers:1
– No matter which competitor hoists the trophy for the 2020 Bassmaster Classic, it will be their first time doing so. This year’s field has no previous champions so someone is guaranteed to have a life-changing experience on the big stage.3
– Scott Canterbury, Clent Davis and Matt Herren all call Alabama their "Sweet" home. If last year’s Classic is any indication, home water advantage plays a big part in deciding the winner. Good luck to you and thanks for sharing that famous southern hospitality with the fishing world.
– Out of the past twelve Classics, ten of the champions have utilized Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchors. Last year’s champion, Ott Defoe, broke a streak of nine consecutive Classic victories by Power-Pole-equipped anglers.16
– For the first time ever, sixteen Classic competitors will be using the new Power-Pole CHARGE Power Management System in their boats this year. The chances are good that we will see our first CHARGE-equipped boat pull through the BJCC and into the winner’s circle.23
– This year’s Classic will mark the 23rd time Lake Guntersville has hosted a major B.A.S.S. tournament event and the 3rd time it has been the venue for the Classic. Rick Clunn (1976) and Randy Howell (2004) were the champions for those previous Classics.35
– Of the 53 entrants in this year’s Classic, 35 of them will have Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchors rigged on their competition boats. No other marine accessory company is as universally accepted on the tour.50
-- This year will mark the 50th anniversary of the biggest event in competitive angling. It is only fitting that this year’s event will take place in the state where it all started back in 1971. Congratulations B.A.S.S. for reaching this monumental milestone as we look forward to 50 more.150,000
– The total attendance for the 2020 Classic, including weigh-ins, morning launches and the Outdoor Expo, is expected to rival the all-time record of 153,809 that attended last year’s event in Knoxville, Tennessee.300,000
– This year’s winner will take home a $300K prize purse with over $1 million in cash awarded overall.
If you are planning a trip to Alabama for this year’s event, don’t forget to stop by our booth #524 at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex to check out the latest innovations from Power-Pole -- including the new CHARGE – and get exclusive deals on official Power-Pole apparel and merchandise.
For Power-Pole’s complete Classic 2020 Preview, including storylines to watch and exclusive insider videos:Read More