Print Thread
    bank fishing? #289 05/05/07 01:48 AM
    S
    shark Offline OP
    Green Horn
    OP Offline
    Green Horn
    S
    while fishng from the bank, what do you look for? timber, flats, ripples? how do you know a good spot to fish when you see it?

Re: bank fishing? [Re: shark] #417 07/15/07 03:30 PM
    C
    catchNrelease Offline
    Green Horn
    Green Horn
    C
    Well I guess it all depends on the spot you are fishing and what you have to use as tackle..

Down here in my area the ponds have lots of lilies and grass. Lately I have been casting to the top of the lilies and dragging either a worm or lizard over the tops. I like the Carolina rigging to do this with a 6" to 1 foot leader. If you cast right , as soon as it hits the top of the lilies the LMB will strike. If I don't get an immediate strike I wait a couple of minutes. I jerk and move the lizard trying to simulate movement then slowly bring it off the lily.

If there is lots of grass I usually try to cast from the opposite bank into the grass and slowly drag a lizard out into the open water.

I tend to change up my worms and lizard colors too depending on the day. I usually start out with a pumpkin or brown color but have found that red and blue have their good days also.

I have also found that a Wobble Head lure attracts well from flats and around stumps or fallen trees. It has a really nice movement and lots of color worms to work with. The metal lure comes in two sizes as well so you can adjust for the size of fish biting.

My last comment is on top poppers. I have found them very successful, but it depends on the time of day. I find they work best along the shore and during feeding time when bass are most active. Early morning or right before dusk. That is not to say I have not gotten bites at other time, I just really haul them in at those times. A good frog or green popper works well.

The water here is really clear so sometimes it is a real pain to get fish to bite unless you really work the lure. Most places I fish I have to go with weedless lures though.

Anyway that is my take..

There is no such thing as karma when it comes to fishing. If you are catching fish don't stop until the fish stop biting!! One good day of fishing does not mean there will be another one down the road! -OM-
    Re: bank fishing? [Re: catchNrelease] #419 07/21/07 09:31 AM
    G
    gator46eas Offline
    Green Horn
    Green Horn
    G
    bass fishing in port st lucie florida? any tips

Previous Thread
    Index
    Next Thread

© 2007-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide