Hey all...first of all I'd like to say I'm new here. I'm from the suburbs of Chicago. I've been a long time lurker but this is my first post.
I've been fishing for about a year and a half. I spend most of my time wading through the rivers here in Illinois. If it's got teeth I love to catch it.

In the short time I've been fishing I've tried to target everything I possibly could. Walleye, huge long nose gar, norther pike, muske, king salmon...and even the little guys rainbows and brown trout on the fly rod.

Lately I've been getting into the salt. My family moved down to the Caymans so I try to get down there as much as possible to fish some of the flats. Last Nov I hooked into my first tarpon and let me say I'm HOOKED!!! lol

i'm planning on heading down to Tampa in a few weeks. If anyone has any recommendations on a good charter to hook up with or would want to get out with this Yankee let me know! Thanks guys.
-----

Anyways I know this is the trading post.

So I wanted to mention...I've been doing research on fishing grips for quite some time and worked with a manufacturer to come up with some reasonably priced grips that work. I've sent a few pair out to my buddys in California to test them in the salt and we've had great reports.

Like I said I'm new to saltwater fishing but I wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is interested. You can send me a PM if you'd like a pair or check out www.lucidfishing.com we have 30lb and 60lb versions (about 1/3 of the cost of boga's.

We made a demo video of us field testing the grips on some king salmon.

[video:youtube]h3MBSyJA_0Q[/video]

Here's a few shots of them in use.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]